Letchworth Arts and Leisure Group’s (LALG) terms of membership (some of which are set out in clause 9 of LALG’s Constitution which is available on LALG’s website) are as follows:
- Membership of LALG is open to anyone who is interested in furthering LALG’s purposes. It is the duty of each member of LALG to exercise his or her powers as a member of LALG in the way he or she decides in good faith would be most likely to further the purposes of LALG.
- An annual membership fee is payable.
- All members should be adults.
- Members of a household may share a single membership. Members of a household are defined as people living in the same house who are related in some way, either by birth, marriage or another relationship. If a house has multiple occupancy and is shared by more than one household, separate memberships are required for each household.
- If a household splits for any reason, one household will retain the LALG membership while the other(s) must purchase LALG membership at the rate applicable at that time.
- The LALG Committee can refuse an application for membership if it believes that it is in the best interests of LALG to do so. The Committee must provide its reasons for doing so and the applicant has a right of appeal.
- Membership cannot be transferred.
- Membership can be terminated if any membership fee required has not been paid by the designated date. The LALG Committee can also decide that it is in the best interests of LALG that a member should be removed from membership subject to the required steps being taken, including considering any representations made by the member.
- Members are entitled to attend and vote at LALG’s Annual General Meeting and any other general meetings of Members, full details of which are set out in LALG’s Constitution.
- Members may be required to show their membership cards to participate in activities/events or to take advantage of discounts.
- Carers are able to come to events free of charge when they are supporting an LALG member.
- Members accept personal responsibility for their own insurance. Details of LALG’s insurance cover are available on LALG’s website.
- Any other terms that the LALG Committee may require from time to time and confirmed by a change to LALG’s Constitution if applicable.
These LALG's Terms of Membership are also available to download below.