Who we are
We are Letchworth Arts and Leisure Group, a voluntary membership organisation. Our object is to further arts and leisure activities in Letchworth Garden City and the surrounding area.
Our Privacy Statement sets out:
- How we use any personal information we collect about you when you become a Member of LALG, or register on our website.
- Who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- What your rights are.
How we collect information from you
We obtain information about you when you join LALG, either via our website, our application form or over the telephone.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
Home and/or mobile telephone numbers
Year of birth
If registered on our website (for which a user does not have to be a Member)
Nickname (name a user is known by on the site)
Activity groups a user has subscribed to
Online events a user has registered for
We also record your date of joining/renewal date and whether your annual membership fee has been paid, but not your banking or payment card details.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you when you join LALG. We collect this information for the purposes of managing your membership and to provide you with information on LALG’s group activities, events, discount suppliers, linked organisations and other third party activities that may be of interest to you.
We use anonymised data for statistical purposes, for example to track membership numbers and demographic information year on year, and survey responses.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time but by doing so you may terminate your membership if we do not have sufficient information to manage it. If you want to remove your consent you can do this by contacting LALG’s Membership Team at email@example.com. You can also opt out of receiving our emails by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option in the email footnote.
- We have a legitimate interest because you have chosen to join LALG and we need to manage your membership.
We do not pass personal data to any third party other than for the distribution of our newsletter, email communications, payment processing and event management. We ensure that the third parties we use are also GDPR compliant.
If another member of LALG asks for your contact details, we will only ever share them with your consent.
How we store your personal information
The bulk of your personal information is securely stored on our membership database. You can access and update your own data by registering on our website.
We keep your details on our membership database for the duration of your membership plus one year, after which your details will be permanently deleted. In certain circumstances, the retention period after termination of your membership will be less.
If any of your personal information is held elsewhere (for example by a Group Contact if you are a member of, or interested in, their group) there is a requirement to ensure that it is also held securely and confidentially, and permanently deleted when it is no longer required.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact LALG’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint by contacting LALG’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://ico.org.uk
This statement was reviewed by the Committee at its meeting on 26 July 2021