October 2021

Thank you to everybody who participated in the October LALG online quiz. Congratulations to the Smashing Pumpkins who came first with 90 points  In second place, with 89 points were 60% Zoom and Gloom, (who needs the other 40%?!) and following very closely behind on 88 points were All the Ws. Well done!

Some stats.....

The easiest round was Round 6, Who am I?, with teams getting 97% correct. Round 2, LP covers, was the most challenging round with only 57% correct answers. The hardest question was about the Turner Prize in 2021 with only one team answering correctly.  

Also, just to clear up a point, Tracey Emin's  tent included  all the people she had ever slept with since she was born so included her family members and friends, and not only, as is sometimes thought, her lovers. 

The number of ways that people found to spell the Bond villain, Blofeld, were quite ingenious! 

 

The Popping Corks (Teresa, Kim, Linda and Bryan)

 

 

1
Smashing Pumpkins
90
2
60% Zoom and Gloom
89
3
All the Ws
88
4=
Dahlias
86
4=
March Hares
86
6
Figment
85
7
Carrot Cakes
83
8=
Team Zero
79
8=
The A Team
79
10
Team Crackers
78
11=
Field Laners
77
11=
Herts 2
77
13=
STOTS
76
13=
Jolliers
76
15=
Aardvark and Chips
75
15=
Hunky Dory
75
17
The Village People
74
18
Poles Apart
70
19=
Two of a Kind
69
19=
Red Lichties
69
21
Blockheads
66
22
TouCHE
55
23
DTV
53

Group: 

Key Words: 

 

Follow us on 

 Instagram 

 

 Facebook  

 
 

The views and opinions expressed by speakers or other third parties at LALG events (in person and online) are those of the speaker or third-party and not necessarily those of LALG. LALG is not responsible for its accuracy or completeness.

LALG is not responsible for the content or availability of external websites.

Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal.