November Quiz Results
We hold fun, general knowledge quizzes every month from September to March, with different people setting the questions each time. Questions are published on this website and you email your answers to the quiz host at the end of every round. The correct answers are published during the quiz and you email your score at the end of the evening. Results are published the following day.
You can play on your own or in a team of up to 6 people in your team. You may be together, or in different places and communicating using your preferred method (eg phone, Zoom, Skype). Questions are all text - no images - so people can join teams via phone if they wish.
There is no entry fee and there are no prizes but we hope you have fun and learn something new. But no looking things up though - that's cheating!!
Details of upcoming quizzes and their hosts are given in the Events Panel.
A great Halloween-themed quiz from the Smashing Pumpkins team...thank you to them all
Thank you to Carol and John for getting the 2023-24 quiz season under way in style. Here's their post-match report:
Thanks for taking part in yesterday’s quiz. In spite of the fact that several teams were depleted in numbers, there was some good scoring - I hope I have eased you gently into the new season.
*** Thank you to Rob and Anne for their entertaining Beatles-inspired quiz. ***
Our thanks again to you all – twelve teams - for participating in last night's quiz. The results are below, and you're welcome to skip the commentary and go straight to the rankings.
*** Thank you to the Carrot Cakes for an imaginative and entertaining quiz. ***
The results are in. Congratulations to Poles Apart and The Popping Corks who were equal first. Commiserations to The Dahlias who once again were beaten by one point.
Thank You for taking part and look forward to seeing you all at the following events –
The last online monthly quiz of the 2022-2023 season: Saturday, 25 March, 6:45pm for 7pm as usual. It will be hosted by Rob and Anne.
*** Another excellent quiz from Rhona, Chris, Sally and Paul ***
January Quiz Results
Many thanks to all members of the thirteen teams who took part in last evenings quiz. The results (see below) seem to suggest that some of the rounds were far too easy, so our apologies if that upset the balance of thinking time and drinking time necessary to complete the quiz.
Thank you to the Carrot Cakes for an excellent soap-themed quiz. Here is their post-match report:
We are back, bleary eyed but fighting fit and ready with the post-match report. Congratulations to all the teams who spotted our deliberate mistakes.
1. Round 2, question 4 – after trying to contact Mystic Meg (turns out even spirits take Christmas off) we decided that we would accept both Aquarius and Pisces.
**** A big thank you to Val for running an enjoyable November quiz. Here are the results and post-match analysis. ****
** Thank you Carole and Derek for another excellent quiz. Here is their post-quiz report.***
Thanks everyone for taking part in yesterday evening’s quiz. It was tight at the top but well done the Smashing Pumpkins, who pipped All the Ws by a single point.
A few comments:
** Thank you to the Smashing Pumpkins team for getting the 2022-23 season off to a flying start. **
A big thanks to everyone who took part in the quiz. It was really close all the way through and we enjoyed the close battle as we marked. In the end there were only 2 points between the top three teams. Big congratulations to Figment who won with 86 points.
A few things we learned:
Here's the post-match report...
We hope you have recovered from yesterday evening’s quizzing exertions; we haven’t, but, as Ned Kelly said, ‘such is life…’
Some notes about the answers:
Thank you to Carol and Derek for an enjoyable quiz. Here's their post-match report:
Thanks everyone for participating in what turned out to be quite a tricky quiz. We hope you enjoyed taking part as much as we did putting it together.
Round 1 proved to be the lowest scoring - how quickly the big news stories of only a few months ago fade from the memory! Round 3 had the best scores - you know your trees.
Thank you to The Stots team for an excellent quiz. Here is their post-match report and the results table.
Your host tonight: Val
Well done everyone, and thank you for taking part in the November quiz. I hope you found it enjoyable - even if a couple of the rounds were more difficult than others!
Thank you to everybody who participated in the October LALG online quiz. Congratulations to the Smashing Pumpkins who came first with 90 points In second place, with 89 points were 60% Zoom and Gloom, (who needs the other 40%?!) and following very closely behind on 88 points were All the Ws. Well done!